Do you have Foot Tendonitis?
Do you sometimes feel a stabbing pain in the arch of your foot or feet? Do you ever experience a hot sensation surrounding swelling on your feet? Does your ankle or foot get stuff and sore at night?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, your feet might benefit from NYC Foot Tendonitis Treatment.
What is Foot Tendonitis?
Foot Tendonitis is something that happens quite frequently in athletes and people who constantly bear physical labor. It is a minor degeneration and rupture of the posterior tibial tendon in the top of the foot and can be very painful.
What are the causes of Foot Tendonitis?
• Running or walking up and down steep hills can hyper extend the tendon
• Physical activities on uneven surfaces can cause extra tension on the tendon
• Standing for long periods of time without rest
• Wearing footwear that is inappropriate for certain activities or footwear that doesn’t fit properly
• People with flat feet often develop Foot Tendonitis
Foot Tendonitis Treatment Options, ranging from conservative to drastic
• Rest, Ice, Compression and Elevation (the R.I.C.E method)
• Anti-inflammatory drugs and a below the knee cast or boot
• Platelet-Rich Plasma Therapy (PRP)
• Tenosynovectomy (debridement of inflamed tissue)
• Surgery fusing one or more bones together, eliminating movement in the joint.
Foot Tendonitis can happen to anyone for any number of reasons. If you are seeking NYC foot tendonitis treatment, contact Manhattan Foot Doctor by visiting our homepage.